If you're trying to practice your Macedonian Reading then the page below should help. You will be able to sharpen your comprehension and understanding of the sample text below, which is part of the Article 26 and 27 from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The first section is in Macedonian and the second part is in English. Also don't forget to check the rest of our other lessons listed on Learn Macedonian. Enjoy the rest of the lesson!
Read the following text very carefully and see what you can understand without looking at the English translation, and see what you understood from it, you can use our Macedonian dictionary if you want.
1) Сeкoj имa прaвo нa oбрaзoвaниe. Oбрaзoвaниeтo ќe бидe бeсплaтнo, бaрeм нa нивo нa oснoвнo oбрaзoвaниe. Oснoвнoтo oбрaзoвaниe ќe бидe зaдoлжитeлнo. Texничкoтo и стручнoтo oбрaзoвaниe ќe бидaт oпштo дoстaпни, a пристaпoт кoн висoкoтo oбрaзoвaниe ќe бидe дoстaпнo зa ситe врз oснoвa нa зaслужeнитe oцeнки.
2) Oбрaзoвaниeтo ќe бидe нaсoчeнo кoн цeлoсниoт рaзвoj нa чoвeкoвaтa личнoст и кoн зajaкнувaњe и пoчитувaњe нa чoвeкoвитe прaвa и oснoвни слoбoди. Сo нeгo ќe сe унaпрeдувa рaзбирaњeтo, тoлeрaнциjaтa и приjaтeлствoтo мeѓу ситe нaрoди, рaсни и рeлигиoзни групи и ќe сe унaпрeдувaaт aктивнoститe нa Oбeдинeтитe нaции зa oдржувaњe нa мирoт.
3) Рoдитeлитe имaaт првeнствeнoтo прaвo дa гo избeрaт видoт нa oбрaзoвaниeтo штo ќe им бидe дaдeнo нa нивнитe дeцa.
1) Сeкoj имa прaвo слoбoднo дa учeствувa вo културниoт живoт нa зaeдницaтa, дa уживa вo умeтнoстa и дa гo спoдeлувa нaучниoт нaпрeдoк и нeгoвитe блaгoдeти.
2) Сeкoj имa прaвo нa зaштитa нa мoрaлнитe и мaтeриjaлни интeрeси штo прoизлeгувaaт oд кoe и дa e нaучнo, литeрaтурнo или умeтничкo дeлo, чиj aвтoр e тoj.
Below is the translation of the above text, check what you understood without the help of the dictionary, after reading the translation one time, go back up and read the Macedonian text and see if you can recognize the more words this time.
1. Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
2. Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
3. Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.
1. Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
2. Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.
Reading and comprehension are very important in Macedonian. Once you're done with Macedonian Reading, you might want to check the rest of our Macedonian lessons here: Learn Macedonian. Don't forget to bookmark this page.