If you're trying to practice your Uzbek Reading then the page below should help. You will be able to sharpen your comprehension and understanding of the sample text below, which is part of the Article 26 and 27 from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The first section is in Uzbek and the second part is in English. Also don't forget to check the rest of our other lessons listed on Learn Uzbek. Enjoy the rest of the lesson!
Read the following text very carefully and see what you can understand without looking at the English translation, and see what you understood from it.
1) Har bir inson bilim olish huquqiga egadir. Ta'lim kam deganda boshlang'ich va umumiy ta'lim tekin bo'lishi kerak. Boshlang'ich ta'lim majburiy bo'lishi lozim.
2) Texnikaviy va hunar ta'limi barchaga muhaye etilishi, oliy ta'lim esa har bir odamning qobiliyati asosida barcha uchun bir xil muhaye etilishi kerak.
3)Ta'lim inson shaxsining barkamolligiga hamda inson huquqlari va asosiy erkinliklariga hurmatning ortib boraverishiga qaratilishi lozim Ta'lim barcha xakqlar, irqiy va diniy guruhlar o'rtasidagi hamjihatlikka, sabr-bardoshga va dustlikka ko'maklashishi hamda Birlashgan Millatlar Tashkilotning tinchlikni saqlash borasidagi faoliyatiga erdamlashishi kerak. Ota-onalar esh bollari uchun ta'lim turini tanlab olishda nufuzli huquqqa egadilar.
1) Har bir inson jamiyatning madaniy haetida erkin ishtiroq etish, san'atdan bahramand bo'lish, ilmiy taraqqietda qatnashish va uning ne'matlaridan bahramand bo'lish huquqiga egadir.
2) Har bir inson o'zi muallifi bo'lgan ilmiy, adabiy eki badiiy asarlar yuzasidan ma'naviy va moddiy manfaatlari himoya qilinishi huquqiga egadir.
Below is the translation of the above text, check what you understood without the help of the dictionary, after reading the translation one time, go back up and read the Uzbek text and see if you can recognize the more words this time.
1. Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
2. Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
3. Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.
1. Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
2. Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.
Reading and comprehension are very important in Uzbek. Once you're done with Uzbek Reading, you might want to check the rest of our Uzbek lessons here: Learn Uzbek. Don't forget to bookmark this page.
The links above are only a small sample of our lessons, please open the left side menu to see all links.