If you're trying to practice your Malagasy Reading then the page below should help. You will be able to sharpen your comprehension and understanding of the sample text below, which is part of the Article 26 and 27 from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The first section is in Malagasy and the second part is in English. Also don't forget to check the rest of our other lessons listed on Learn Malagasy. Enjoy the rest of the lesson!
Read the following text very carefully and see what you can understand without looking at the English translation, and see what you understood from it.
1) Manan-jo hahazo fanabeazana ny olon-drehetra. Tokony ho maimaim- poana izany, farafaharatsiny any amin'ny fampianarana fototra. Tsy maintsy atao ny fampianarana ambaratonga voalohany. Ny fampianarana teknika sy fanofanana ara-asa kosa dia tokony ho azon'ny rehetra hidirana araka ny fahaizan'ny tsirairay.
2) Ny fanabeazana dia tokony hikendry ny fivelaran'ny maha-olona ; hanamafy ny fanajana ny fahafahana sy zo fototra, hampanjaka ny fifandeferana sy ny fifankatiavana eo amin'ny olon-drehetra sy ny firenen-tsamihafa ; ary hikatsaka izay hampandrosoana ny asan'ny Firenena Mikambana ho amin'ny fitandroana ny fandriampahalemana.
3)Ny ray aman-dreny ihany no voalohany manan-jo hifidy izay karazam- panabeazana omena ny zanany.
1) Ny olon-drehetra dia manan-jo handray anjara amin'ireo fihetsiketsehana ara-kolotsaina atao ao amin'ny faritra misy azy.
2) Mahazo mankafy ny zava-kanto sy mandray anjara amin'ny fampivelarana ny siansa sy ireo tombo-tsoa aterak'izany. Tokony ho arovana ny zon'ny mpamorona eo amin'ny lafiny rehetra : voka-pikarohana siantifika, haisoratra, zava-kanto.
Below is the translation of the above text, check what you understood without the help of the dictionary, after reading the translation one time, go back up and read the Malagasy text and see if you can recognize the more words this time.
1. Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
2. Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
3. Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.
1. Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
2. Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.
Reading and comprehension are very important in Malagasy. Once you're done with Malagasy Reading, you might want to check the rest of our Malagasy lessons here: Learn Malagasy. Don't forget to bookmark this page.
The links above are only a small sample of our lessons, please open the left side menu to see all links.