If you're trying to practice your Kurdish Reading then the page below should help. You will be able to sharpen your comprehension and understanding of the sample text below, which is part of the Article 26 and 27 from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The first section is in Kurdish and the second part is in English. Also don't forget to check the rest of our other lessons listed on Learn Kurdish. Enjoy the rest of the lesson!
Read the following text very carefully and see what you can understand without looking at the English translation, and see what you understood from it.
1) Herkes mafê hînbûnê heye. Divê ku hînbûn belaş be, qet nebe hînbûna destpêkî û bingehî. Divê ku hînbûna teknîk û meslekî bi firehî belav be û xwendina bilind bi wekheviyeke temamî ji hemû kesan re, li gora şehrezayiya wan, vekirî be.
2) Divê ku hînkirin geşkirina temamî ya şexsiyeta mirovî û xurtkirina siyaseta mafên mirovî û azadiyên bingehî amanc bigre. Divê ku ew arîkarî bide têgihîştin, musameha û dostaniya nav hemû netewe û hemû komên nijadî an olî, wisa jî pêşveçûna çalakiyên Neteweyên Yekbûyî ji bo xwedîkirina aşîtiyê.
3)Dê û bav xwediyê mafê pêşîkî ê bijartina cureyê hînbûna zarokên xwe ne.
1) Herkes mafê bi serbestî beşdarbûna jiyana çandî ya civakê, ji huneran kelkgirtinê û beşdarbûna pêşveçûna zanistî û encamên wê heye.
2) Herkes mafê parastina menfaetên manewî û maddî yên ku ji ber berhema zanistî, edebî û hunerî ya ku ew bi xwe çêkerê wê ye heye.
Below is the translation of the above text, check what you understood without the help of the dictionary, after reading the translation one time, go back up and read the Kurdish text and see if you can recognize the more words this time.
1. Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
2. Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
3. Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.
1. Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
2. Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.
Reading and comprehension are very important in Kurdish. Once you're done with Kurdish Reading, you might want to check the rest of our Kurdish lessons here: Learn Kurdish. Don't forget to bookmark this page.
The links above are only a small sample of our lessons, please open the left side menu to see all links.