If you're trying to practice your Javanese Reading then the page below should help. You will be able to sharpen your comprehension and understanding of the sample text below, which is part of the Article 26 and 27 from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The first section is in Javanese and the second part is in English. Also don't forget to check the rest of our other lessons listed on Learn Javanese. Enjoy the rest of the lesson!
Read the following text very carefully and see what you can understand without looking at the English translation, and see what you understood from it.
BAB : 26|
1) Saben uwong darbe hak oleh panggulowenthah ing pawiyatan kanthi gratis, saora-orane tumrap sekolah/pawiyatan dhasar. Pawiyatan dhasar kawajibake. Sekolah (pawiyatan) tehnik lan jurusan umum kanggo saben uwong kanthi tinarbuka, saben uwong bisa lumebu ing pawiyatan luhur kanthi pranatan kang padha salaras karo murwat lan pantese.
2) Panggulowenthah kudu kaenerake amrih saben pribadi biso mekar kanthi omber, biso ndayani saya kandele rasa bisa ngajeni lan ngurmati hak-hak asasi umat manungsa lan kebebasan-kebebasan kang baku. Panggulowenthah ing pawiyatan kudu bisa nenangi lan mekarake rasa tepa salira karo pepadhane, mekaring pamitran, paseduluran ing antarane bangsa-bangsa, bebrayan, ras apadene agama, sarta njalari kudu saya majuning Perserikatan Bangsa-Bangsa sajroning memetri lan nyipto bedhamen/pirukun.
3)Para wong tuwa, darbe hak utama sajroning milih pawiyatan papan panggulowenthah kanggo anak-anake.
BAB : 27
1) Saben uwong duwe hak ngrasuk lan ambyur ing kiprahing kabudayan ing sadina-dinane ing bebrayan, ngresepi seni, lan bisa ngrasakake ngalami majuning urip lan paedahing kawruh.
2) Saben uwong duwe hak antuk pangayoman anggone kiprah lan makarya ing babagan ngelmu lan kawruh - kang arupa pangayoman marang kauntungan sing awujud moril utawa materiil, uga ing kasusastran utawa seni kang cinipta/asil karyane.
Below is the translation of the above text, check what you understood without the help of the dictionary, after reading the translation one time, go back up and read the Javanese text and see if you can recognize the more words this time.
1. Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
2. Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
3. Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.
1. Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
2. Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.
Reading and comprehension are very important in Javanese. Once you're done with Javanese Reading, you might want to check the rest of our Javanese lessons here: Learn Javanese. Don't forget to bookmark this page.