If you're trying to practice your Haitian Reading then the page below should help. You will be able to sharpen your comprehension and understanding of the sample text below, which is part of the Article 26 and 27 from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The first section is in Haitian and the second part is in English. Also don't forget to check the rest of our other lessons listed on Learn Haitian. Enjoy the rest of the lesson!
Read the following text very carefully and see what you can understand without looking at the English translation, and see what you understood from it, you can use our Haitian dictionary if you want.
Se dwa tout moun pou y'al lekòl. Lekòl leta fèt pou gratis sitou lekòl elemantè ak lekòl fondamantal. Lekòl elemantè fèt pou obligatwa. Lekòl teknik ak lekòl pwofesyonèl fèt pou alapòte tout moun. Epi posiblite antre nan inivèsite ta dwe egziste pou tout moun, selon kapasite etid yo.
Edikasyon fèt pou vize devlopman pèsonalite moun epi ranfòse respè Dwa Moun ak libète ki endispansab yo. Li fèt pou fasilite antant, tolerans ak zanmitay fleri nan mitan tout peyi, tout kalite ras moun tout kalite relijyon. Edikasyon fèt pou ede Nasyonzini travay pou mentni lapè sou tè a.
Manman ak papa se premye moun ki gen dwa deside ki kalite edikasyon yo ta renmen pitit yo resevwa.
Se dwa chak moun pou li deside pran pa nan aktivite kiltirèl kominote a, jwi nan sa atis ak atisan ka ofri. Se dwa li tou, pou li patisipe nan pwogrè lasyans, ap fè epi pou li benefisye tou nan avantaj aktivite sa yo pote.
Chak moun gen dwa defann enterè lalwa rekonèt li genyen ak lòt avantaj vizib ki sòti nan nenpòt ki aktivite lasyans osinon travay atis ak intelektyèl k ap ekri liv.
Below is the translation of the above text, check what you understood without the help of the dictionary, after reading the translation one time, go back up and read the Haitian text and see if you can recognize the more words this time.
1. Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
2. Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
3. Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.
1. Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
2. Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.
Reading and comprehension are very important in Haitian. Once you're done with the Creole Reading, you might want to check the rest of our Haitian lessons here: Learn Haitian. Don't forget to bookmark this page.
The links above are only a small sample of our lessons, please open the left side menu to see all links.