Read the following text very carefully and see what you can understand without looking at the English translation, and see what you understood from it.
1) Tha foghlam na chòir do gach neach. Bithidh foghlam an asgaidh, co-dhiù aig na h-ìrean bunaiteil. Bithidh foghlam bunasach sparraichte air gach neach. Bithidh foghlam teicneachail, proifeiseanta agus àrd fhoghlam air bonn airidheachd, co-ionnan fosgailte do na h-uile neach.
2) Bithidh foghlam ag amas air làn-leasachadh pearsa an duine agus a chum neartachaidh tlachd ann an còirichean agus saorsan daonna. Bithidh foghlam a' brosnachadh tuigseachd, foighidinn agus càirdeas am measg dhùthchannan, am measg bhuidhnean cinneadail is cràbhach, còmhla ri a bhith a' cur air adhart oidhirpean nan Dùthchannan Aonaichte a thaobh cumail na sìthe.
3) Tha còir o thùs aig pàrantan roghainn a dhèanamh den t-seòrsa foghlaim a tha freagarrach don cloinn.
1) 'S e còir nan uile compàirt a bhith aca ann am beatha chultarail an coimhearsnachd fhein, a bhith sòlasach anns na h-ealain is roinn a bhith aca anns gach maitheas a shruthas bho gach adhartas saidheansail.
2) Tha gach neach còireach air dìon a bhith air na sochairean moralta agus saoghalta a tha a' sruthadh bho obair saidheansail, litreachail neo dealbhach ris am bheil e fhein.
Below is the translation of the above text, check what you understood without the help of the dictionary, after reading the translation one time, go back up and read the Scottish text and see if you can recognize the more words this time.
1. Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
2. Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
3. Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.
1. Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
2. Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.
Reading and comprehension are very important in Scottish, therefore they need very special attention. Once you're done with the Scots Reading, you might want to check the rest of our Scottish lessons here: Learn Scottish. Don't forget to bookmark this page.