Read the following text very carefully and see what you can understand without looking at the English translation, and see what you understood from it.
Below is the translation of the above text, check what you understood without the help of the dictionary, after reading the translation one time, go back up and read the Pashto text and see if you can recognize the more words this time.
1. Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
2. Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
3. Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.
1. Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
2. Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.
Reading and comprehension are very important in Pashto, therefore they need very special attention. Once you're done with the Pashtu Reading, you might want to check the rest of our Pashto lessons here: Learn Pashto. Don't forget to bookmark this page.