If you're trying to practice your Berber Reading then the page below should help. You will be able to sharpen your comprehension and understanding of the sample text below, which is part of the Article 26 and 27 from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The first section is in Berber and the second part is in English. Also don't forget to check the rest of our other lessons listed on Learn Berber. Enjoy the rest of the lesson!
Read the following text very carefully and see what you can understand without looking at the English translation, and see what you understood from it.
Tamadda 26: |
1) Kull amdan ghur-s lḥeqq di leqraya ur nessefk ara fell as lekhlaṣ ladgha leqraya tamenzut akkw d- telsasit. Leqraya tamenzut d- tamelzumt, leqraya tatiqnit d uselmed n lhirfat yessefk ad ilin d imatawen, tabburt unekchum gher tlumdiwin tunnigin (âlayen) yessefk ad-tili s lâdel i meddn irkwelli ghef lehsab n wakken ẓewren.
2) Ttrebga yessefk ad- tessiweḍ ghr usefti n timmadit d usedjhed n leqder izerfan n wemdan akkw d tlella tilsasiyin, tebbwi-dd ad- tweṣṣi ghef usefhem d umsameh d lemhibba gar tmura akken ma llant d yimudan d ddiyanat i tuttfa n lehna.
3) Imawlan ghur sen lḥeqq d imezwura ad khtiren ṣṣenf n ttrebga ara fken i warraw n sen.
1) Kull amdan ghur-s lḥeqq ad yetteski ma yebgha di tmeddurt tadelsant n tmurt is, ad yestummen i lfenn (tazuri) akkw d tegmi n tussna d wayen idd ttaken n lfaida.
2) Kull amdan ghur-s lḥeqq uḥuddu n lfaida ines tanamkawt akkw d- tmaddawt idd yekkan seg wayn idd yesnulfa di tussna, di tmedyazt (tasekla) nagh di lfenn.
Below is the translation of the above text, check what you understood without the help of the dictionary, after reading the translation one time, go back up and read the Berber text and see if you can recognize the more words this time.
1. Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
2. Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
3. Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.
1. Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
2. Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.
Reading and comprehension are very important in Berber. Once you're done with the Tamazight Reading, you might want to check the rest of our Berber lessons here: Learn Berber. Don't forget to bookmark this page.
The links above are only a small sample of our lessons, please open the left side menu to see all links.